The Director of Purchasing or designee shall have the responsibility and authority to issue purchase orders for those items and services authorized in the District’s adopted budget and purchased in conformity with the District’s purchasing procedures. This delegation is limited to goods and service contracts, construction contracts, and professional services contracts up to seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars ($750,000). The Board shall specifically authorize all contract awards that exceed this delegated dollar threshold. The Director of Purchasing or designee may authorize exceptions to the District’s purchasing procedures, or delegate authority to the local school site administrator or budget coordinator of particular schools and departments for the purchase of specified goods and/or services within specified dollar thresholds.
The Director of Purchasing or designee shall have the responsibility and authority to administer the District’s purchasing procedures, and shall provide for central control and accounting concerning purchase and delivery of materials, supplies, and equipment for the District.
The Director of Purchasing or designee shall be responsible for committing District funds for all purchases in accordance with the approved budget and Board and District policies and procedures.
The local school site administrator or budget coordinator has the authority to delegate temporary purchasing authority in circumstances where he/she may be unavailable, but shall be ultimately responsible for procurement transactions regardless of further delegation.
Expenditures or disbursements from all District funds shall be approved/authorized according to all Board and District policies and the following criteria:
- All regular petty cash disbursements, warehouse requisitions and purchasing card transactions must be approved by the budget holder, i.e., appropriate local school site administrator, director, budget coordinator, or supervisor.
- All requests for payment, purchase requisitions and contracted agreements up to $750,000, must be approved by budget holders and the Director of Purchasing or designee.
- All requests for payment, purchase requisitions, acceptance of bids/contracts and construction agreements, or acceptance of bids for design/construction contracts, and for professional services contracts up to $750,000, must be approved by the District’s director of construction.
- Personal expense and travel reimbursements for all employees must be approved by their direct supervisor, in accordance with District policy DKC, Expense Reimbursements, and its accompanying regulation.
- Construction agreements or acceptance of bids for design/construction contracts and professional services contracts in excess of $750,000 must be approved by the Board.
Adopted: March 16, 1976
Revised: November 15, 1994
Revised: December 3, 2002
Revised: October 20, 2005
Repealed by the Board and re-enacted and revised by the Superintendent: March 20, 2006
Revised: September 28, 2009
EL 2.2, District Finances
DJ, District Purchasing