Do you know what is the definition of "Hispanic"? Are we using an appropriate definition?
Didyou ever though about what are your ancestors? Where do they come from? Maybethere is some Hispanic Heritage in your family and you didn’t know.
Herewe are going to research about Hispanic Heritage and why people started tocelebrate it.
This is a project that you are going to design but there is no room for any COPY-PASTE, you need to use your own words and put in practice your personal touch.
We are using some technology tools, like computers and the Internet. Also you need to turn in your ideas and research notes in Inspiration and for your final product you will do a one minute presentation using photo-booth.
- What do you know about National Hispanic Heritage? When do they celebrate it? Who was the founder or who promote the celebration?
- Do your know what HISPANIC means? and How many countries are consider Hispanic? Are Spaniards consider Hispanic or European?
1. First, you'll be assigned to a team of 2 students.
2. I show them an example of Inspiration and we go over taking notes and citing the resources. REMEMBER, save first to the desktop and then, to the server or a flash drive.
3. Once you get a computer, you need to write down at least 5 ideas. Then you will select 3 of those ideas and you will start researching and taking notes. Don't forget that you are creating the draft using Inspiration 8, and you will turn that in, so turn in a neat and clear file. Remember if Inspiration is not in your desktop; go to Finder, Applications and the Inspiration.
4. When you are done taking notes, it is time for both of you to record the one minute presentation using the photo booth. You can look at your notes but remember that you need to use your own words. You can introduce a photo as a background and use the headphones to record so there is less background noise.
5. After you finish and you think that it is a good presentation. Drag the video to the desktop, and then save it to the server or the multiple flash drives that are on my desk.
6. Remember, name both project with your names and period. For example: Hispanic-Ana&Tom-Period1
Here are some links:
- Short video from "Hispanic Heritage". http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=125025&title=Celebrate_Hispanic_Heritage_Month
- What is Hispanic? This is an article about it.
- At the end of each Capitulo from our textbook, you have " Prespectiva del mundo hispano" use it as a reference for some of your notes.
For example, How many people speaks Spanish?, this is a great link to http://www2.ignatius.edu/faculty/turner/languages.htm
- Inspiration sample. See attachment.
- Photo Booth Presentation sample. See attachment.