The Douglas County School District’s Fittin" It In 5K healthy fund-raising event held Saturday, April 30 at Highlands Ranch High School was a huge success! Approximately 775 participants registered for this event and many community members came out to support our schools. The Douglas County Educational Foundation was proud to partner with DCSD and the Boulder Running Company DTC to host the race.
• Proceeds will be distributed to each school based on the number of participants.
Student 5K winners:
• Jack Steller from Racnh View Middle School for top male 14 & under
• Kenzie Haberkorn from Mountain Ridge Middle School for top female 14 & under
• Wes Davis from Ponderosa High School for top male 15 – 19
• Abby McGuire from Mountain Vista High School for top female 15 – 19
Post-race food winners who partnered with Chefs from the Colorado Chef’s Association are:
1st place goes to Coyote Creek Elementary’s Quinoa Cookies
2nd place goes to Gold Rush Elementary’s Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars
3rd place goes to Mountain View Elementary’s Millet Trail Mix
1st place goes to Gold Rush Elementary’s Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars
2nd place to Sagewood Middle School’s Yogurt Filled Cones
Click on this link to view the race resluts and to download the post-race food recipes.
The album below showcases a number of memorable moments from the event!
[ << index ] All items